Top 10 Gun Blogs and Websites for Women
It's been around 3.5 years since the last similar blog was published. And not surprisingly, quite a few blogs from back in that day have disappeared or became inactive. Quite a few gun blogs and websites for women have also flourished since that time.
So, to rectify the situation, I've decided to bring you this updated list of Tope 10 Gun Blogs and Websites for Women.
1. SHOOTessa. Since I'm writing this article, I get to shamefully plug my blog first. Looking back, I'm sure that SHOOTessa started way back in 2008, when I first bought a gun as a newly-divorced woman. SHOOTessa blog, brand, and website went "live" earlier in 2017. Our mission is to EMPOWER women, INSPIRE patriotism, and DEFEND Second Amendment. To that end, we hand-pick (or curate to be fancy and modern) everyday carry ("EDC") gear and created patriotic and sassy T-shirts just for women. We also relentlessly advocate for the Second Amendment, as you can see from the videos on this blog and on SHOOTessa YouTube Channel. Join us for REAL WOMEN EMPOWERMENT!
2. The Well Armed Woman. TWAW blog is still kicking ass. TWAW's mission is to "Educate, Equip and Empower Women Gun Owners." Carrie Lightfoot started TWAW when she could not find resources geared specifically to women who wanted to shoot. Now, TWAW includes not only local chapters all over the country to help women gun owners get together and shoot, but also an informative podcast called The Women's Gun Show. If you're a podcast junkie like me, you'll be sure to enjoy it on your commutes.
3. Females With Firearms. Ok, there is no webpage for Females With Firearms, but their Facebook page (linked above) has over 220,000 followers. This is a huge online community that "showcase[s] the women in the Firearms industry and communities." If you are after some great information and articles about firearms and related topics, look no further! FWF averages 40-50 posts per week. I personally have received tremendous support from FWF, so they are great women.
4. Shoot Like A Girl. SLG2 was founded in 2008 and launched in 2009. The company is "dedicated to growing the number of women in shooting sports by empowering them to participate with confidence." The founder, Karen Butler, realized that for many women, there was no opportunity to try out different firearms before buying. So, SLG2 travels the country with their amazing semi-trailer in which women can try out pistols, rifles, and bows for free. Check out when their mobile shooting range is going to be near you!
5. EmPOWERed. This blog and website is also a newcomer in 2017. Started by Antonia Okafor, EmPOWERed "is a movement of women on college campuses all over the country who feel empowered when they use their gun for self-defense." If you are a college student, a professor, or a mom of a daughter who is in college (or about to start college), this blog is a MUST! Antonia is building a great community of women to advocate for Campus Carry. She's got the support of the NRA, so this website is a feast for the eyes, as well as a nourishment for the soul.
6. 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control (1MMAGC). 1MMAGC is a "[n]ational grassroots org[anization] formed originally to challenge Moms Demand Action - then known as 1mm4gc." Enough said! If you absolutely detest Moms Demand, you have to check out 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control. 1MMAGC has a chapter in every state, so check out the activities they do in your state. As you can also guess from the name, 1MMAGC is active politically and is a great source of information of the happenings in the world of the Second Amendment advocacy.
7. Gun Tote'n Mamas. If concealed carry handbags are your thing, you cannot miss Gun Tote'n Mamas website and blog. These ladies live to "provide reasonably priced, high quality and multi-tasking concealed carry bags without compromise on design, construction and, most important, LEATHER." Admittedly, I don't own one of their bags YET, but it's on my wishlist. Though obsessed with the bags, these ladies dish out tons of useful gun-related info on their FB page.
8. Girls with Guns TV (GWGTV). If you are a girl with a gun that also loves hunting, check out "two small town country girls, Jen O'Hara and Norissa Harman" who share their hunting adventures in a video blog. These girls are funny and adventurous and a joy to watch. These ladies also founded Girls with Guns Clothing, so pick up your hunting threads from them as well.
9. The American Woman Shooter. If you're like me, you probably lament the absence of shooting magazines for women out there. Well, not to worry. The American Woman Shooter is a "lifestyle magazine for women who LOVE the world of shooting!" Articles cover self-defense, hunting, competitive shooting, and more. Some of my favorite articles highlight young shooters--gotta love those kiddos and young adults who can properly handle a firearm.
10. Sure Shots Magazine. Another magazine for women gun owners, self-proclaimed to be at the intersection of RECOIL Magazine and Vogue. They definitely have the photos that will make you drool. But I love it for the articles, right? Right! With categories like training and reviews, this online magazine is a treasure trove of information just for women.
I hope this list helps you discover some great new blogs and websites for women shooters, as well as re-acquaint you with the old friends. If you think I've missed an essential online resource for women shooters, let me know (post a comment).